Sunday, March 28, 2010

Frank Gardner Pushing Colors in Mexico

Santuario
Santuario" 18x14" oil, Frank Gardner © 2010
$1,430. Framed. Available at M Gallery of Fine Art
Sarasota, FL

I found Artist Frank Gardner's blog My Paint Box today while blog hopping~ I love oil paintings, probably because of growing up around my grandmother who worked mostly with oils. I have always loved the way the paints layer, and how the paintings themselves go through a metamorphosis where each stage is a piece of work of its own.

"Looking Over San Miguel", 14x11" Oil, Frank Gardner © 2009
$1,050. Framed, Available at Addison Art Gallery

Frank Gardner works and lives in Mexico painting on location and out of his studio. In his bio he describes his painting as "representational. At times influenced by the impressionists in that he wants to capture light effects and color and sometimes sacrifice detail. A controlled chaos or loose spontaneity is his favored look, although each color and stroke is well thought out and carefully placed."

Not only is Frank Gardner's work beautiful, I love his blog for opening up his process of creativity for us all to enjoy~

No comments: