Monday, June 22, 2009

Post Cards in PostCrossing Project Blog

I have always loved postcards. From as far back as I can remember I was excited at the presence of one in the mailbox. I grew to collect them from antique stores and the such. I hopped onto this fun blog at Postcrossing-Postcards all over the world.

Lisan from the Netherlands has been participating in the Postcrossing Project since March 2009. Lisans Blog has many of her postcards that she has received. Along with the pictures of the Post cards its fun to read about the history that goes along with it. This reminds me of when I was a young girl not long living in the U.S. and had many friends back home in England that I used to write back and forth with, not to mention the stamp collection I had.

With all our technology and the Internet it is easy to understand how we lost a favorite past time of writing letters. Post cards are fun and non committal and don't take up a large amount of time. I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets overwhelmed by the thought of sitting down and writing a letter. I have a hard enough time writing emails. This Postcard project however seems like it could be a lot of fun. Thanks to Lisans Blog I have signed up and will be sending out my first postcard tomorrow in the mail:-)

No comments: